Hogwarts Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Witches and Wizards to Hogwarts Roleplay! In this forum you can attend classes, visit diagon alley, get your very own wand! It is all here in the Hogwarts Roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Borgin and Burkes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:53 am

Apollina walked into the store. It was dark and creepy, just like every other store in Knockturn Alley. She looked to both sides, not seeing anyone, she proceeded in. Quietly, she browsed through the store. She didn't think she'd find it, but she hoped. She had looked in 10 different artifact stores, each one was a negative. She knew the story, that one man had used the stone, and it back fired on him, but she couldn't help but want it badly. The one thing she wanted... perhaps more than life itself... at least she'd be with him. She used to be so full of life, and she knew about her personality change, and just wished she could make her parents proud again without having them to worry about her. She peered through more artifacts. Touching them, inspecting them, wondering what they did. She definitely was paranoid, looking over her shoulder every so often.
Back to top Go down
Samael Mallory

Samael Mallory

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:34 pm

It was hardly unusual for a Pureblood to be wandering about Knockturn Alley. Even the kindest of Witches and Wizards had their dealings in the shoppes and pathways. Anything could be found here. Things that weren't usually sold could be found in the pockets of merchants.

What Samael had come for wasn't anything illicit or bad. It was simply to shop the stores in search of second hand books. Any knowledge he could obtain. It was a hobby of his, wandering in search of books. Samael enjoyed learning. Almost too much for people unlike him to handle. They weren't used to studying as a hobby. People just saw it as a task that needed to be done begrudgingly.

Pulling his coat a little tighter around his front, Samael made his way into another store. One he'd been into a few times in the past. They'd been rather good to him, and hopefully would be again. Heading to the section he knew his books to be in, he scooted around a girl, letting out an "Excuse me." as he made his way past.
Back to top Go down
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:37 am

She did find it odd that there was a boy walking through the store... Usually not many wizards or witches would be seen in here, with all the dangerous things.

She watched as a boy went past her, to the book section. She blinked her eyes... A boy? Actually looking for books? Who isn't actually looking for something like, '101 Practical Jokes' or '15 Ways to Get a Girl.'

Well, that's a first.

She turned her back from the Hand of Glory, which she had her eye on, walking straight toward the boy, loosing confidence with each step.

It wasn't that she was scared to talk to boys... That was first year thing... She was just afraid to talk to anyone... Period. But, in the store all alone, she felt obligated to at least introduce herself... Perhaps making it a bit less awkward.

"Hello, Ermmm.... My name is Apollina Vasquez," she said extending her hand, "What book are you looking at?"
Back to top Go down
Samael Mallory

Samael Mallory

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Although he did find it odd for the young girl to be in the shop, he'd chosen to let her on her own business. Younger people in Knockturn went one of two ways usually, though he was the strange third. Where they would either run at the first sign of people, or act like they owned the place. The second was usually when their parent was a high ranking wizard (Usually of mob affiliation.)

So it caught him a little off guard that the girl spoke to him, introducing herself. He closed the book he was thumbing through, and turned to look at her. A pretty girl, one he was sure he hadn't seen before. But was certain was a student. "I'm Samael Mallory. Nice to meet you."

He motioned to the book momentarily, showing her the cover. "Malicious fauna. It's about man-eating plants, mostly."
Back to top Go down
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 am

"Oh... Man eating plants... Cool. Herbology lover or just interested in the topic?" Apollina asked, trying to make conversation.
Back to top Go down
Pheodas Draconis
Admin
Pheodas Draconis

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:05 am

Pheodas pushed his way through the door, it rang a bell as he entered. He let his eyes wander up and down the aisles looking at all the strange, grim artefacts. He slowly placed his hand on an average sized dragon statuette, he ran his fingers up and down it, stroking his chipped teeth before depositing it back on it's dusty shelf. He strode forward and looked deeply at an authentic wizard's chess board then swiveled round and bounded into the books section.

"Aha!" Pheodas proclaimed as he squeezed his way past the to students talking. He reached up to the top shelf and pulled out a very thick and very large, dusty black book with a green tint. He blew the dust of the old tome which revealed a sort of large venus-fly trap which was on the front and imprinted in very swishy gold lettering read "Flesh-Eaters and Deadly Spores". He turned around quickly, flicking through the tattered pages which were very delicate.

"Oh sorry Mr. Mallory, I didn't see you there!" Pheodas laughed "and lovely to see you as well Miss Vasquez!" he continued "Don't mind me, just browsing for this book" he said, holding up the big tome and smiling widely.

"You see, we just got a 'shipment' from Japan and the Mediterranean of Snargaluff, Venomous Tentaculas and some other dangerous plants that I wouldn't dare mess with" Chuckled Pheodas

"Best leave it the Herbology Professor, eh Headmaster" Smiled Samael.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsroleplay.rpg-board.net
NightMarauder118

NightMarauder118

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:55 am

Evanna and one other woman entered the shop. Evanna looked around the shop. Her eyes widened as she saw the headmaster and two students. One she recognized as Samael, who was the Slytherin Head Boy and a very great quidditch player. The other student, Apollina was also in Ravenclaw and was usually in most of her classes. Evanna then turned to the other woman she walked in with and tugged her arm. The woman nodded and went back to what she was doing. Evanna then rushed over to the headmaster and students.

"What are you guys doing here?" Evanna asked.
Back to top Go down
http://thehogwartsroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hogwarts_Roleplay_
Pheodas Draconis
Admin
Pheodas Draconis

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:04 am

The Headmaster turned around shocked to see Evanna.

"Evanna! I was just picking up this book on 'Dangerous Plants' " Gleamed the Headmaster at Evanna while holding up the slightly dusty, green tinted book.

"And you two?" He turned to the two students wondering what they were doing there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsroleplay.rpg-board.net
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 am

"Hello Headmaster, Evanna. I was just looking at these peculiar objects… you know, looking to see if any are imported from Greece, to learn more about my heritage and stuff. And, you never know what cool artifact you may find in here. Many different, and rare objects you never know you may find. And then of course, you can't have enough books!"

Like a particular stone that has not been since for ever. Apollina thought to herself.

"Since we're all asking questions on why we're here, Evanna, why are you here?"
Back to top Go down
Samael Mallory

Samael Mallory

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:14 am

The headmaster showing up had surprised him. Not as much, however, as Evanna. Of course he knew who she was. Pretty little thing. Ravenclaw head girl. Quidditch Captain. They had a lot in common. What was she doing in Knockturn? That would be an interesting story, he couldn't wait to hear.

"I'm book shopping. You never know what you'll find in the most random of shops." He turned to look at Evanna as well. Waiting for her to answer Apollina's question.
Back to top Go down
NightMarauder118

NightMarauder118

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:46 am

"Well-my mum always has... lots of business here I guess. She never really tells me what's going on. Yea-but ever since I was little we've been visiting Knockturn Alley... so, uh the weather is nice today, right?" Evanna quickly tried to change the subject. It was pretty lame as she noticed it was raining and everybody realized something was odd. They didn't seem to mind that much though.
Back to top Go down
http://thehogwartsroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hogwarts_Roleplay_
Sponsored content

Borgin and Burkes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borgin and Burkes   Borgin and Burkes Empty

Back to top Go down

Borgin and Burkes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Roleplay :: The Wizarding World :: Knockturn Alley-
Jump to: