Hogwarts Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Witches and Wizards to Hogwarts Roleplay! In this forum you can attend classes, visit diagon alley, get your very own wand! It is all here in the Hogwarts Roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Start for DADA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
richardaravenclaw

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:40 am

The slender dark haired man entered the DADA classroom, his eyes sweeping the area, studying it intensely. Two large steamer trunks, each with four legs, walked in behind him rather like well trained dogs. They stopped on either side of the door.

He drew his wand and began searching for any dark magicks or stray spells that may have been left behind. After a very thorough examination of his new sanctum, professor Ravenclaw smiled. "Yes, this will work nicely."

He turned towards the trunks "Gog and Magog, I give you permission to unpack your contents and secure them properly."

The lugage moved to different areas of the room and opened their drawers and doors. Books and boxes were carefully lifted out and put away by glowing hands that appeared in each trunk.

The professor went to the front desk and arranged his books and scrools in an appropriate manner.

He then walked to the trunk closest to him and withdrew a case of glass vials. Each vial appeared to have a smouldering, smoke phantasm of some creature floating in it. He placed it on the dais and cast several spells around it causing a variety of shields and wards to become visible around it and glyphs and runes went into orbit around the vail.

He took out a small metal whistle and blew into it. No sound was heard but a dog appeared to walk through the wall. He petted the semi-transparent dog and said "Well, let's see if these kids are as smart as the students in Salem."

The dog waved his tail.
Back to top Go down
NightMarauder118

NightMarauder118

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:32 am

Evann checked her schedule once more then entered the classroom.
"Umm, is class for Defense Against the Dark Arts about to start soon?" Evanna said, to a man in the classroom which must've been their professor. Nobody else was there so she figured that she must've been early.
Back to top Go down
http://thehogwartsroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hogwarts_Roleplay_
richardaravenclaw

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:22 am

NightMarauder118 wrote:
"Umm, is class for Defense Against the Dark Arts about to start soon?" Evanna said, to a man in the classroom which must've been their professor. Nobody else was there so she figured that she must've been early.

The professor stood and waved his wand and a name appeared on the blackboard ' Professor Ravenclaw, Defense Against the Dark Arts.'

"Yes miss, this is defense against dark arts. You are a touch early." he answered. We'll be starting after the class fills a bit more."
Back to top Go down
Duncan Mowbray

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:39 am

richardaravenclaw wrote:
NightMarauder118 wrote:

The professor stood and waved his wand and a name appeared on the blackboard ' Professor Ravenclaw, Defense Against the Dark Arts.'

"Yes miss, this is defense against dark arts. You are a touch early." he answered. We'll be starting after the class fills a bit more."

The first thing that Duncan saw as he entered the room was Evanna, so he headed towards her and sat next to her. He looked up and took his seat and saw the black-board "Professor Ravenclaw ? Merlin's beard ! This should be one great class."

He looked to the front of the class and saw the transparent dog that the professor was petting. "I wonder what that is." he said to Evanna.
Back to top Go down
NightMarauder118

NightMarauder118

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:45 am

Evanna smiled at Duncan, and giggled. "Probably his invisible pet," she said then looked back to Professor Ravenclaw, eyes wide open. "So, Rowena Ravenclaw was your something grandmother? Wow! That's amazing! Oh, by the way, my name is Evanna."
Back to top Go down
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:01 am

Apollina strolled in to the classroom, darfting shadow to shadow. Defense Against the Dark Arts... great. She thought. It wasn't that she didn't like it, it just kinda gave her the creeps, and wasn't Voldemort killed? Why would they need to defend themselves now? Nevertheless, she had a Ravenclaw as a professor, she never knew there was other heirs. After Helena died, she thought the line had been gone.

As she spotted two classmates, she waved slightly, "Hey Evanna, Duncan."
Back to top Go down
Duncan Mowbray

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:08 am

Apollina Vasquez wrote:
Apollina strolled in to the classroom, darfting shadow to shadow. Defense Against the Dark Arts... great. She thought. It wasn't that she didn't like it, it just kinda gave her the creeps, and wasn't Voldemort killed? Why would they need to defend themselves now? Nevertheless, she had a Ravenclaw as a professor, she never knew there was other heirs. After Helena died, she thought the line had been gone.

Duncan waved to Apollina. "Good morning, it's nice to see at least a couple of students here."
He pointed to the empty seat beside where he and Evanna were sitting. "Would you join us ?" he asked in a charming southern drawl. "I'd like to have the smart people around me, and the cute ones too."
Back to top Go down
richardaravenclaw

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:44 am

Duncan Mowbray wrote:
Apollina Vasquez wrote:

Duncan waved to Apollina. "Good morning, it's nice to see at least a couple of students here."
He pointed to the empty seat beside where he and Evanna were sitting. "Would you join us ?" he asked in a charming southern drawl. "I'd like to have the smart people around me, and the cute ones too."

When Apollina sat the professor stood and strode to the podium. "I expected better of Hogwarts than to see only three students in the defense against dark arts class. Five points to Gryfindor for the fellow in the front and five to each of you Ravenclaw girls. I'll pass out detentions later."

He took out his wand and cast a spell and it appear to conjure Fenris Greyback. "This is a simulacrum. It's a magical creation that will act like the real thing. This... thing is in Azkaban right now. It will be one of the things you'll be practicing on this term." He waved his wand again and the simulacrum becan a death eater. "Some of these are still lurking about, hoping to find a new Dark Lord or Lady so you'll need to know how to deal with them. Take a good look at this fellow. He's part of your first homework asignment."

The professor smiled at his class then waved his wand and said "Accio wands." and the students' wands all flew to him. He studied them for a moment and said "You've lost your wand and you're facing a Death Eater. What do you do ?"
OOC: students that show up before the end of class will get full credit.
Back to top Go down
NightMarauder118

NightMarauder118

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 am

Apollina Vasquez wrote:

Evanna slightly looked up and noticed Apollina who waved, she smiled and waved back. "Hi Apollina!" she said.
Back to top Go down
NightMarauder118

NightMarauder118

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 am

richardaravenclaw wrote:

When Apollina sat the professor stood and strode to the podium. "I expected better of Hogwarts than to see only three students in the defense against dark arts class. Five points to Gryfindor for the fellow in the front and five to each of you Ravenclaw girls. I'll pass out detentions later."

He took out his wand and cast a spell and it appear to conjure Fenris Greyback. "This is a simulacrum. It's a magical creation that will act like the real thing. This... thing is in Azkaban right now. It will be one of the things you'll be practicing on this term." He waved his wand again and the simulacrum becan a death eater. "Some of these are still lurking about, hoping to find a new Dark Lord or Lady so you'll need to know how to deal with them. Take a good look at this fellow. He's part of your first homework asignment."

The professor smiled at his class then waved his wand and said "Accio wands." and the students' wands all flew to him. He studied them for a moment and said "You've lost your wand and you're facing a Death Eater. What do you do ?"
OOC: students that show up before the end of class will get full credit.

Evanna was surprised at the professors start to the class. Evanna was silent, she honestly didn't know. She slumped back down in to her seat, waiting for someone to answer
Back to top Go down
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 am

"Use wandless magic?" Apollina suggested.

She knew only powerful and disciplined wizards and witches used wandless magic, but he didn't exactly say if it was right now, or in the future after Hogwarts, once they were out in the world…

After all… details are everything.
Back to top Go down
Duncan Mowbray

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:55 am

Apollina Vasquez wrote:
"Use wandless magic?" Apollina suggested.

She knew only powerful and disciplined wizards and witches used wandless magic, but he didn't exactly say if it was right now, or in the future after Hogwarts, once they were out in the world…

After all… details are everything.

Duncan nodded "Great if you can do it, but I can't do wandless magic. I don't know anybody that can."

He looked at the professor "I guess it depends on how close I am to the death eater." Duncan said with a thoughtful expression on his face. "If I was close enough I'd kick him in the jaw, try to break it. You can't cast most spells unless you can talk. If I was this far away I'd throw something at him and duck."
Back to top Go down
richardaravenclaw

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Duncan Mowbray wrote:

He looked at the professor "I guess it depends on how close I am to the death eater." Duncan said with a thoughtful expression on his face. "If I was close enough I'd kick him in the jaw, try to break it. You can't cast most spells unless you can talk. If I was this far away I'd throw something at him and duck."

The professor nodded "To quote you, lad 'great if you can do it' but not many wizards could break a jaw so easily. " The professor stroked his gotte and smiled "But lets say that you succeeded and did break my jaw."

The professor whipped his wand around with surprising speed and flourished it towards the simulacrum. Gashes appered on the form and blood gushed as if it where a man cut to ribbons. Each wave of the wand drew a new cut deeply across the simulated death eater, which had fallen to the ground and spasmed as a man slice apart. It gave a last great quake and collapsed intirely and appeared to be a very dead man."

The professor walked away from the mess. "Silent magic, that spell is Sectumsempra, a slashing spell. You can make silent magic when you can't talk."

Professor Ravenclaw noticed the looks on his students' faces as the remains of the death eater bled, he waved his wand and the mess and simulacrum were gone. "The dark arts aren't pretty and this class won't always be pretty either."

He walked to the students and returned the wands, handing each one to the correct person without asking who they belonged to. "I will be teaching silent magic and testing to see if anbody here can learn silent magic."

He looked at mister Mowbray "And skill at hand to hand combat can be VERY helpful. Few death eaters would sully themselves with the use of vulgar muggle practices like Tae Kwon Do or Karate, poor vain sots."

When Professor Ravenclaw returned to his podium he looked at his students and asked "Any questions ?"

At this point two hufflepuff boys and a slytherin girl wandered in.

Back to top Go down
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:21 pm

"But you said they took your wand away. How can you do silent spells without your wands... unless your doing wandless magic?" Apollina pointed out.
Back to top Go down
richardaravenclaw

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:18 am

Apollina Vasquez wrote:
"But you said they took your wand away. How can you do silent spells without your wands... unless your doing wandless magic?" Apollina pointed out.

The professor smiled. He was going to like this class and these students. "Actually miss Vasquez, I had said that it was a demonstration wherein I had been silenced. I didn't say anything about being wandless. However you do bring up a good point, I could be silenced and wandless."

"I will continue to speak, but only to explain what I must for the lesson." The professor waved his wand at the simulated death eater.

It aimed it's wand at him and the professor moved in on the death eater. It began an incantation "AVADA "

And at the same time Professor Ravenclaw pulled something out of his robes and pointed it at the death eater's face.

"KEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !" the death eater screamed as something sprayed in it's face. It dropped it's wand and fell to the ground, wailing and rubbing it's eyes.

Professor Ravenclaw picked up the simulacrum's wand and broke it. He held up his hand and showed a small cylinder to the students. "This is a muggle invention called pepper spray and anybody that got it in the face is helpless. Many muggle women carry these to protect themselves from assault. It's so low-tech it will even work in Hogwarts. It's a mixture under high pressure that escapes when you push the valve down, just like steam escaping a pressure cooker. If I was a student in this position, instead of an auror, I'd take this oppertunity to run for help."

He picked up his wand and waived it at the whimpering death eater image. It stood up and seemed to be fine and inanimate. "What everybody needs is a big bag of tricks. The more options you have the more likely you are to get out of trouble."

He waved his wand at the simulacrum and it vanished. "Along with magical defenses you will be taught muggle weapons and defenses."
Back to top Go down
Duncan Mowbray

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:20 am

richardaravenclaw wrote:
Professor Ravenclaw picked up his wand and waived it at the whimpering death eater image. It stood up and seemed to be fine and inanimate. "What everybody needs is a big bag of tricks. The more options you have the more likely you are to get out of trouble."

He waved his wand at the simulacrum and it vanished. "Along with magical defenses you will be taught muggle weapons and defenses."

Duncan agreed to himself that this class wasn't pretty. The sight of all of that blood could easily send the more squeamish students running for the loo.

He raised his hand. When the professor called on him he said "Most wizards don't have access to muggle..." he hesitated, not wanting to sound offensive to the professor "muggle tools. Teaching us how to use things that a lot of students won't be able to use or evebn get anyway... it seems more like an excersize in how to frustrate students than how to defeat death eaters."

He looked at the professor and hoped he didn't just earn a detention and -25 points for Gryfindor.
Back to top Go down
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:13 am

Duncan Mowbray wrote:
richardaravenclaw wrote:
Professor Ravenclaw picked up his wand and waived it at the whimpering death eater image. It stood up and seemed to be fine and inanimate. "What everybody needs is a big bag of tricks. The more options you have the more likely you are to get out of trouble."

Duncan agreed to himself that this class wasn't pretty. The sight of all of that blood could easily send the more squeamish students running for the loo.

He raised his hand. When the professor called on him he said "Most wizards don't have access to muggle..." he hesitated, not wanting to sound offensive to the professor "muggle tools. Teaching us how to use things that a lot of students won't be able to use or evebn get anyway... it seems more like an excersize in how to frustrate students than how to defeat death eaters."

He looked at the professor and hoped he didn't just earn a detention and -25 points for Gryfindor.

Apollina did have to agree with Duncan. Most wizards didn't have access, and if they did, not all of them would want to use them anyways.

"If you had your 'bag of tricks,' wouldn't it be hard, because your rummaging through your bag, looking for your pepper spray or whatever, which can get the death eater enough time to stun you, unwand you, or kill you?"
Back to top Go down
richardaravenclaw

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:48 am

Apollina Vasquez wrote:

Apollina did have to agree with Duncan. Most wizards didn't have access, and if they did, not all of them would want to use them anyways.

"If you had your 'bag of tricks,' wouldn't it be hard, because your rummaging through your bag, looking for your pepper spray or whatever, which can get the death eater enough time to stun you, unwand you, or kill you?" [/quote]

The Professor waved his wand at the door and it opened. He caast a quick spell "Accio Satchel" , then turned towards the class.

"Mister Mowbray, you do make a good point. Many wizards would refuse to use something muggle, but" he waved his wand and the simulacrum became Fenris Greyback and it transformed into an enourmour werewolf. It snarled at the Professor and stalked topwards him menacingly. A hungry growl reverberated from it's lips, an evil growl mimicing a laugh of some predator about to devour a helpless victim.

the professor reached into his robes and pulled out a snub-nose 38. policeman's pistol, or a small metal cylinder on a handle if you didn't recognize a gun. "if your choices are use a muggle device or be eaten by a werewolf..."

Fenris Greyback leapt at the same time the professor pulled the trigger. The loud krcak of the pistol firing echoed through the room and the werewolf stopped in mid air as if slammed by a powerful spell. It dropped to the ground and transformed and appear to be bleeding to death. "This is a weapon of a muggle police officer." he said as he displayed the gun. Then he held up a bullet "This is a silver bullet and propelled from a gun it can easily kill a werewolf. Some wizards might hate muggle items enough to choose to be mauled before using one, but most would rather escape."

He waved his wand and the simulacrum became a health death-eater simulation. "In the not very distant future it will be possible to buy useful muggle items. Though some of them, like a gun, will need a liscence to buy."

A satchel flew into the room and he sat it on the table. He nodded to Apollina "There may be a bit of a generation gap between us, my appologies if I am not consise. In my generqation a 'bag of tricks' refered to a collection of clever moves or devices, not actually to a bag wherein your tricks were kept." He put his gun in the bag. He took a step towards the death eater and leapt and did a spin kick which hit the death eater hard enough to floor it.

He thrust his arm towards the death eater and a smal spear-like weapon peirced it's neck. He put the weapon in the bag. He pulled a whip and struck the death eater's wand hand, then put the whip in the box. He put his wand in the box.

He turned his back to the death eater and it raised it's wand at him. He dove to the side and rolled and waived the wand in his hand and yelled "REDUCTO !" which obliterated the simulation. He put the wand in the bag. "You are right miss Vasquez, a 'bag' of tricks would bew useless. A collection of the correct things to have and having them accesible, that is another story altogether."

He took the items out of his bag and put them back on his person. When he got to his second wand he said "And everybody should keep a second wand on them. I put a sticking charm on mine so it couldn't be pulled from me."

"Any questions before I assign homework ?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Start for DADA Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Start for DADA   A Start for DADA Empty

Back to top Go down

A Start for DADA
Page 1 of 1