Hogwarts Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Witches and Wizards to Hogwarts Roleplay! In this forum you can attend classes, visit diagon alley, get your very own wand! It is all here in the Hogwarts Roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homework Drop Off

Go down 
+2
Mihaela Howard
Lily Fletcher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lily Fletcher

Lily Fletcher

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Post all of your homework assignments in here when you've finished.
Back to top Go down
http://nextgeneration.forumotion.co.uk/
Mihaela Howard

Mihaela Howard

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 am

Mihaela Howard
Charms
Professor Fletcher
Levitation Spell

One of the earliest spells to be recorded, the Levitation Spell is a simple charm used to levitate objects. Unlike the Hoover Charm though, using it does not mean you can move the object around. In order to execute the charm, one has to tap the object intended (Contact with the target is essential.) for levitation with their wand and use the incantation Levioso. While no one is entirely sure of where the incantation came from, it is Latin in origin and may come either from levis which means light of weight or levo which means to raise up.
Back to top Go down
Apollina Vasquez

Apollina Vasquez

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:42 am

Levitation Spell
By: Apollina Vasquez
Charms Homework

The levitation spell, which originated in ancient England, is one of the first recorded spells of the wizarding world. Levioso, the incantation of the levitation spell, is a charm that levitates objects. It does not, however, let someone move the object. Without contact with the target, it will not work, as the hover charm does (Wingardium Leviosa).
Back to top Go down
NightMarauder118

NightMarauder118

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 am

Levitation Spell
by Evanna Apryl Osment, 4th year
Charms

The Levitation Spell (Levioso) is one of the oldest spells to ever be created in wizarding history where it has been created in Ancient England. To use the spell you simply have to tap the target (with your wand of course) and it will levitate in the air. The origin of which this charm was named comes from the Latin word levo which means to 'raise; lift up'. It could also come from another Latin word named levis which means light (of weight). Although similar this charm is not the same as Wingardium Leviosa (also known as The Hover Charm) in which the target is enchanted to levitate and move through the air, and uses the swish and flick of a wand to operate.

Last edited by NightMarauder118 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thehogwartsroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hogwarts_Roleplay_
Lily Fletcher

Lily Fletcher

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Wow you three are quick. Thanks, I'll grade them when I get the chance, I'm in a hurry at the moment. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tae-Hyun Pyeong

Tae-Hyun Pyeong

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Tae-Hyun Pyeong
Leviatation Spell

The Levitation Spell is great to get a quick shock out of an unsuspecting person, but it's really not that fun because you can't move them around. You can do that with the Hoover Charm though and it's way more entertaining. With your wand touching the object you wish to levitate (another downside of this spell), you say Levioso to inact the it. Or you can think it really loudly if you're good at non-verbal magic, but I'm not at the moment so I'll just stick with saying it. It's also an old spell, like one of the first. Really, that explains why it's such a bore. Wizards back then really had no sense of amusement.
Back to top Go down
Lily Fletcher

Lily Fletcher

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Thankyou Tae. I'm gonna grade all of these tomorrow, so hopefully you'll get your results Sunday at the latest unless something goes wrong or I can't get on
Back to top Go down
Duncan Mowbray

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:34 pm

The Hover Charm (Wingardium Leviosa) is a charm used to make objects levitate that is taught to first years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The Hover Charm appears to be an improvement on both the Levitation and Locomotor spells, being able to lift objects high in to the air (possibly much higher than Levioso) but also allowing one to magically move them through it as well.

Etymology: Wingardium is a composite word, based on: English to wing meaning "to fly" (e.g. the plane winged skywards); arduus (meaning "high, tall, lofty, steep, proudly elevated") or arduum (meaning "steep place, the steep"); and the common Latin ending -ium. Leviosa probably derives from Latin levo, meaning to "raise, lift up", or levis, meaning light (of weight). Altogether, therefore, the incantation could best be read as "lift up high".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homework Drop Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homework Drop Off   Homework Drop Off Empty

Back to top Go down

Homework Drop Off
Page 1 of 1